Sunday, November 29, 2009

Great Great Grandfather John Bell..











John Joseph Bell was born in Dublin Ireland on Dec 6th 1827. He emigrated to the US in 1843 at the age of 16. He died on Feb 9th 1909 in Berkeley County WV. He is buried in Morgan Chapel Graveyard in Bunker Hill. He married Mary E. Chrisman in 1853. He had 3 daughters that I know of, Mary Julia Virginia Bell Butler (my great Grandmother), Rachel Ann Bell, And Fannie E. Bell. Fannie Bell married George Mish on Oct. 20th 1886. The above photo is a census record from 1900 showing that he was living wish his daughter Fannie Bell Mish.

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog. So interesting!! Keep the posts coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie I'm so proud of you for doing this. You've given me so much information I would otherwise have never known. This is so interesting.
    Thank you and Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete