Monday, July 19, 2010

Weston State Hopital



First of all, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while.


I will post this creepy little tidbit...


My Great Grandfather Samuel Edward Roberts was a patient at Weston State Hospital in Lewis Co WV. He stayed there for about a year, and died there in 1946. 

Around Halloween of last year, I was watching a show on the Travel Channel, and it turns out the hopital was once callled the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, and was built during the Civil War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Allegheny_Lunatic_Asylum

The Travel Channel has featured this hospital on some of it's shows about places that are supposedly haunted..


Pretty cool huh?



3 comments:

  1. Laurie, This is all so very interesting to me!! Thanks so much for doing this, keep it up!!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing!! Please keep up your searches. Love you
    Jennifer Dugan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at the information you find. Please keep it up. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete